Attentive to your needs
The American Hospital of Paris lets you choose the approach to prenatal care and childbirth that suits you best, with health care providers who always put safety first. Whether you choose a traditional or low-intervention birth with or without an epidural, accompanied by a midwife, your personal obstetrician or an obstetrician from our Maternity team, we do everything we can to ensure your experience matches your expectations while guaranteeing your safety within a multidisciplinary Hospital.
The American Hospital of Paris offers a low-intervention program for women seeking to give birth with minimal medical intervention without jeopardizing their own safety or that of their infant, in an environment designed to be as comfortable as possible for the mother, her support person and the baby. Our midwives are trained to provide prenatal care and support and to oversee the birth itself. An epidural is available if necessary, but alternatives may be offered. Patients who prefer to give birth in the presence of an obstetrician can still request a low-intervention approach, a principal supported by our entire team.
Everything is done to ensure the birth is as natural as possible while guaranteeing the availability of essential safety measures should any complications arise, thanks to the 24/7 presence of an obstetrician, an anesthesiologist and a pediatrician.
Our aim is to give you our full attention in order to respect your wishes and needs throughout your pregnancy and during the delivery. We are devoted to ensuring the highest possible level of safety and quality of care when you welcome your baby into the world.
Attentive support throughout your pregnancy
A Department of Women’s and Children’s Health in a multidisciplinary Hospital
- Opportunity for dialogue during the prenatal interview
- Support in defining your birth plan
- Multidisciplinary fetal medicine unit with latest-generation ultrasound systems operated by highly-qualified sonographers
- Prenatal care provided on site by specialists, including an endocrinologist, dermatologist, gastroenterologist and cardiologist
- 3 sessions with an acupuncturist, osteopath and/or sophrologist, in any combination you choose
- Refer you to childbirth preparation classes from the 5th month
Ensuring your safety
A unique maternity within a multidisciplinary Hospital
- Medical team available 24/7 (midwife, obstetrician-gynecologist, pediatrician, anesthesiologist)
- 2 examination rooms, 5 delivery rooms, two of which have a bathtub to facilitate dilation
- 1 obstetric operating room for cesarean sections
- Nursery with a specific area for babies who require continuous surveillance and advanced care
- Access to state-of-the-art equipment and innovative diagnostic and testing infrastructure
- On-site clinical laboratory
- Adult ICU and blood transfusions on site
- Embolization procedures on site
An optimal care environment
A Maternity with a human touch in a multidisciplinary Hospital
- Spacious private rooms and suites that can accommodate a support person
- Upscale patient amenities
- Breastfeeding support