Health pass: Your questions answered
Since Monday, August 9, 2021, the date on which the law on health crisis management came into force, access to the American Hospital in Paris is conditional on the presentation of a valid health pass.
If you are not vaccinated, you may have questions: we propose a review of the most frequent questions.
I have an appointment for a consultation, should I present a health pass?
Yes, as of Monday, August 9, 2021, a health pass is required for:
- All scheduled medical consultations,
- Sophrology, acupuncture, osteopathy, yoga, birth preparation, laboratory or imaging (ultrasound) examinations. Patients and their companions must present a valid health pass to access our hospital.
I have to come to see my doctor or a midwife in emergency during the day or night, should I present a health pass?
You will be asked for a health pass, but if you are unable to present it, you will never be denied access to care.
I am coming for my delivery (unscheduled), day or night, do I need a health pass?
In case of hospitalization, and if you do not have a health pass, you will be offered a PCR test.
Will my companion be asked for a health pass?
- If you wish to be accompanied during a scheduled consultation, a valid health pass will be required.
- In the case of an emergency consultation during the day or night, a health pass will be required from your companion. However, the companion may be exempted from the health pass upon assessment by the establishment's teams.
And in case of hospitalization?
In case of hospitalization, a PCR test will also be offered to your companion if he/she is not able to present a health pass, or to perform an antigenic test in a city screening center.
We remind you that visits are still prohibited in the maternity ward. A companion of your choice can be with you during your stay if you wish, upon presentation of a valid health pass.
I was vaccinated abroad, will my vaccination certificate be valid?
French or foreign patients or accompanying persons who have a vaccination certificate with a complete vaccination schedule (with one of the vaccines listed above) will also be able to access the facility.
How will my health pass be checked?
Health pass checkpoints are in place:
- At the main entrance at 63 Boulevard Victor Hugo
- At the entrance to the Wellness Center: 55 boulevard du Château, allowing you quicker access to the maternity ward (only open during the day).
Nous vous rappelons que les visites sont toujours interdites en maternité. Un.e accompagnant.e de votre choix peut être à vos côtés pendant tout le séjour si vous le souhaiter et uniquement sur présentation d’un pass sanitaire valide.
VALID HEALTH PASS
Vaccination certificate, provided you have a complete vaccination schedule:
- 1 week after the 2nd injection for double-injection vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zeneca)
- 4 weeks after injection for single injection vaccines (Janssen/Johnson & Johnson)
- 1 week after vaccine injection for people who have had Covid
Proof of negative antigen or RT-PCR test within 72 hours
A certificate of recent recovery from COVID-19: POSITIVE RT-PCR TEST OF AT LEAST 11 DAYS AND LESS THAN 6 MONTHS
We would also like to inform you that from this date, all staff and doctors will also present their health pass at the entrance of our establishment.